Shadow is available on Android TV compatible devices. Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV to download and install Shadow. See this article for more step-by-step instructions and frequently asked questions.
🚨 Disclaimer: Android TV compatibility may vary depending on your TV manufacturer. If you experience issues installing or using Shadow on your TV, contact Support.
Before You Begin
Make sure your Android TV is ready to install apps:
- Sign in to your Google account (Google e-mail address) on your TV
- Connect your TV to the internet (5GHz Wi-Fi or Ethernet preferred)
- Check for software updates on your TV
Install Shadow on Android TV
- Turn on your Android TV.
- Press the Home button on your remote control.
- Go to Apps > Google Play Store.
- Sign in to Google Play.
- Type "Shadow PC" into the search bar, then select Search.
- Choose Shadow by Blade Group.
📝 Note: Shadow may require permission before it can be installed on your device.
Review the permissions, then choose Continue.
- Select Install.
We recommend using a controller or gamepad to use Shadow. You can also pair a Bluetooth-compatible mouse and keyboard with your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm having trouble using my TV to install Shadow. Can I try something else?
You can also install apps onto your TV using a remote device, such as your smartphone or computer.
- Sign in to your Google account on your remote device.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Select Install.
- Choose a device you'd like to install Shadow to.
Why is my device not eligible for Shadow?
Google Play may be having trouble finding a device Shadow is compatible with. Make sure the device you're installing Shadow onto is signed in to Google.
It's also possible your device does not support Google Play. See supported devices from Google.
How do I know if my TV has an Android TV operating system?
Refer to your TV manufacturer or manual to see if you have an Android TV. You can also go to the the apps on your TV to see if you have Google Play. Android TVs will have the Google Play app installed by default.
Still need assistance with Shadow on your Android TV? Contact a Support Hero.