Due to Apple's streamlined production Macs, MacBook Pros, and more, Shadow's requirements are often based on the type of macOS computer you have and the year it was released. See if your computer is listed in the macOS Desktops and Laptops. For more detailed requirements, see the Recommended Requirements below.
Depending on the configuration of your macOS computer, the graphics card built into your computer may be older than the computer itself and therefore will not work properly with Shadow.
macOS Desktops and Laptops
The macOS application is compatible with the following Apple desktop and laptop models:
- MacBook and MacBook Air models released since the end of 2008
- MacBook Pro models since mid-2007
- Mac mini models since early 2009
- iMac models since mid-2007
- Mac Pro models since early 2008
- Xserve models since early 2009
Your macOS desktop or laptop should also meet the following requirements:
|CPU||x86-64 (Intel Core 2 Duo processor, Intel Core i3, Intel Core i5, Intel Core i7, or Xeon)|
|Firmware System||EFI 64-bit|
|Hard Drive Space||8GB|
- See Lifewire's article for more about EFI files
- Excludes Intel GMA950 / X3100 graphics cards manufactured before 2008
To download the application to your macOS computer, log in to your account page.
🚨 Disclaimer: Requirements are subject to change without notice and may differ depending on the version of Shadow you have installed or updates provided by Apple.
If you still have questions after reading this article, see our other articles below or contact us for assistance.