General questions about Shadow Ghost
- What are the benefits of Shadow Ghost compared to the Shadow Box?
It is silent, smaller, lighter, can connect to Wifi and can be used to connect wireless devices and Bluetooth. Plus, its design is really cool!
- What are the dimensions of Shadow Ghost?
Shadow Ghost weighs only 190 grams and measures 182x123x50mm
- What is it made of?
The Shadow Ghost is made of a matte plastic base of standard PC-ABS
- Will the limited edition of the Shadow Ghost will also be available from February 27?
The Far Cry New Dawn Shadow Ghost is a very limited edition only accessible through a contest on our Facebook page
- Is it necessary to have a Shadow account even on Shadow Ghost?
Of course! Shadow Ghost is not a replacement for your Shadow account but a new way to access it.
Questions about ordering Shadow Ghost
- When does the Shadow Ghost come out?
Shadow Ghost will be available for everyone on February 27th.
- Can I exchange my old Shadow Box with a Shadow Ghost or even get a discount?
No it's not possible but soon your Shadow Box will become a very precious object.
- How much does the Shadow Ghost cost?
Shadow Ghost costs €119.95 in France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany. In Britain, the price is £109.95. For the United States, the price is 139.95$ and 139.95CHF for Switzerland.
- Can I rent Shadow Ghost like the Shadow Box
No, we are not renting anymore.
- How many Shadow Ghosts can I order?
It's only possible to order one Shadow Ghost per Shadow account.
- How long does the delivery of my Shadow Ghost take?
Delivery takes on average 5 working days (excluding weekends).
- Is the Shadow Ghost under guarantee?
Shadow Ghost is guaranteed against technical problems for 2 years.
- Can you send a Shadow Ghost to a country that is not supported by Shadow even if you're willing to pay for it?
It won't be possible at first but certainly in the future.
- What are the conditions for refunding or canceling the Shadow Ghost order?
You have 14 days to change your mind and return your Shadow Ghost to us at your own expense (depending on the country you are in).
- Where should I send my Shadow Ghost for repair if it's damaged?
In this case, contact support and a return form will be sent to you so that your Shadow Ghost is replaced free of charge.
- Who pays the transport in case I'm not responsible for the equipment box?
We do! In cases where there is a technical problem then we will take care of the return costs for you.
- How long will the return of my Shadow Ghost take in case of a breakdown?
From the moment we receive proof of your shipment, it shouldn't take more than a week for you to receive a new Shadow Ghost.
- Is Shadow Ghost dual-screen compatible?
For the moment, no, but we are working on this possibility.
- Does Shadow Ghost support a 1080p/144hz display?
Thanks to the HDMI 2.0 port, the Shadow Ghost is capable of delivering 1080p display at 144Hz but also UHD / 4K at 60Hz.
- Is it compatible with 2K/144Hz
This type of display is not taken into account by Shadow Ghost, 144hz mode can only be done in Full HD/1080p. You can however use the Ghost in 2K/120Hz.
- Will there be a version of Shadow Ghost with the capability to connect to two screens?
Unfortunately we can't confirm this for now
- Is Shadow Ghost able to display an image on two monitors despite it's single HDMI port?
We are currently working on a dual screen function on the Ghost but it isn't possible quite yet.
- Does Shadow start automatically when I turn on the Shadow Ghost, and how can I avoid having to always enter my credentials?
To avoid having to repeatedly log in, click the "Remember me" box and you'll be logged in automatically when you switch on your Shadow Ghost.
- What is the operating system of Shadow Ghost?
It's a Linux-derived home operating system specifically designed for Shadow Ghost.
- Can I install another operating system on Shadow Ghost?
This is not possible and an attempt to do so will result in your Shadow Ghost no longer being able to operate correctly and void the warranty.
- How long will development on the operating system continue for?
We are working on this system constant and many new features and fixes will be made regularly to improve your experience.
- Will it be possible to turn on your Shadow Ghost remotely via a remote control or an Xbox controller for example?
It's not possible yet. The only way to turn on the Shadow Ghost is to do it via the power button.
- What is the power consumption of Shadow Ghost?
The Shadow Ghost consumes around 7 watts while in use.
- What is the connection of Shadow Ghost?
The Shadow Ghost has 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, a 3.5mm jack, an HDMI 2.0 port and of course a power connector.
- Can I change the color of the LED?
No, only red, we like red.
- Is it possible to change the brightness of the LED?
No but this may be an option in the future.
- Does Shadow Ghost recognize all USB devices?
It recognises an overwhelming majority of devices. However, there is a list of devices currently recognised as not compatible accessible from this article.
- Is it possible to install Shadow Ghost via Wifi without having to connect a network cable?
Yes, in fact you need to connect your Shadow Ghost using wifi before connecting it with an ethernet cable as explained in this article.
- Is Shadow Ghost compatible with Wifi 5Ghz?
The Shadow Ghost works perfectly with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi networks.
- Can Bluetooth devices work on Shadow Ghost without having to connect them via cable?
Of course! To learn how to connect a device using Bluetooth, click here.
- Can the Shadow Ghost be connected to a local network without installing an additional program?
At launch it will not be possible but the LAN function will be supported soon after an update.
- What is the maximum bandwidth of Shadow Ghost.
You can configure a maximum of 70 Mb/s, which is more than enough to enjoy a perfect experience.
- Is it possible to switch between the Beta version and the official Shadow version via Shadow Ghost?
Yes, once connected to your Shadow account, you can switch from one version to another. You can see our tips on how to do this here!
- Is there a limit on devices connected to the Shadow Ghost at the same time?
No, you can connect as many as you want via a USB hub, preferably via an external power supply.
- What are the specs of Shadow Ghost?
To access the Shadow Ghost specs, click here.
- Does Shadow Ghost have a more stable management of the internet connection compared to the application?
The management of the connection is the same regardless of the device you use. Stability depends solely on your connection.
- Is it possible to connect a video capture box on your Shadow Ghost to record video from a game console or another PC?
You can use an Elgato Type video capture box on your Shadow Ghost but make sure you have a good uplink connection before the signal is as fluid as possible.
Still have questions after reading this article? Contact us for assistance!