Error 102 occurs if your apps, settings, or network are conflicting with your device's connection to our servers. If closing and reopening the Shadow application does not resolve the error, this guide will help you identify and solve the problem.
Check Shadow updates
- Visit our status page to see if your server is under maintenance. We recommend checking the server nearest to your location for reference.
- See the #annoucements channel on your Discord server to see if a community manager or moderator has posted any updates, or see if other users are experiencing the same issue.
If there are no updates related to the error, continue to the next section being sure to test your connection between each one.
Connect to a different network
Connect your device to a different network or use a different device. To do this, switch to another WiFi or 4G network, or use a smartphone or other device available to you. Try starting Shadow after you've applied these changes.
Troubleshoot your internet connection
Complete the tasks listed below until the issue is resolved. If you are not able to complete a task, proceed to the next item.
- Disable your Antivirus, Firewall, VPN, or proxy.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to your modem.
- Reset your modem.
- Disconnect any Ethernet cables from the modem, then turn off modem.
- After 60 seconds, turn on the modem and monitor the lights on the front. Fewer lights generally indicate a problem with the modem.
- Once your internet connection is available, connect your devices.
- Release and renew your IP address, then flush your DNS.
If the issue persists:
Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for any potential issues affecting their services or your location. If your ISP is unable to locate any issues, get help.