If you have any documents, pictures, or other files on your local device, and you'd like to save these to Shadow, you can transfer these files using one of these two methods:
- Use a cloud storage provider, such as OneDrive or Google Drive
- Use a USB flash drive or hard drive, connected to your computer's USB 3.0 port
💡 Tip: Using cloud storage or a USB device not only helps you transfer your files; These can be an effective method for backing up your files and even restoring your files when incidents happen.
Cloud Storage Provider
Shadow is compatible with many cloud storage providers, and some of which can be integrated with your Shadow thanks to Windows 10.
Here's a list of free cloud storage providers that are compatible with Shadow:
- Google Drive (15GB free storage)
- Box (10GB free storage)
- OneDrive (5GB free storage)
- Amazon Drive (5GB free storage)
- Microsoft One Drive (5GB free storage)
- Dropbox (2GB free storage)
These services may offer more storage at an additional cost.
Use any of these services to save files from your local device. You can then start your Shadow, log in to your cloud storage account, then download your files.
How do I save files from the cloud?
There are two ways you can save files from the cloud to Shadow:
Download from the web
- Log in to your cloud account on your Shadow.
- Download your files.
Sync to Shadow
See if your preferred cloud storage provider offers sync services and their instructions. Here's an example of OneDrive syncing homework on Shadow.
💡 Tip: Compared to a USB device, cloud storage is optimal if you need a service that will back up your files and sync them to your account automatically.
If you prefer a USB drive, you can see if your device meets the requirements for USB drive support.
USB Flash Drive or Hard Drive
Some users have been successful using a USB flash drive or hard drive with Shadow. You can use a USB drive on the following Shadow applications and devices:
- Ubuntu (Linux)
- Shadow Ghost
- Shadow Box
How do I save files from my USB device?
There are two ways you can save files from your USB device to Shadow:
Click and drag
- Click and hold the file.
- Drag the file to your Shadow's desktop or another folder.
Copy and paste
- Right-click the file, then click Copy.
- Right-click your Shadow's desktop or another folder.
- Click Paste.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for USB drives?
Some connections can support USB drives, as long as they have:
- Fast upload speeds, up to 40Mb/s in most cases
- Low latency, less than 30ms
- No packet loss
How can I tell if I meet the requirements?
You can test your connection to see your upload speeds and whether your connection has high latency or packet loss.
Here are some other articles you may find useful: