Shadow is compatible with many controllers and supports more features every day. Thanks to our Controller Management feature, you can simply connect the controller to your local device and start Shadow. Use the Quick Menu to manage your controllers, or see how to connect controllers to the Shadow Ghost or Shadow Box.
Managing Controllers with the Quick Menu
To confirm your controller is connected to Shadow, you can use the Quick Menu, available on Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu.
To confirm your controller is connected:
- Start Shadow.
- Connect your controller to your device. You can use a wired USB cord or pair the device wirelessly via Bluetooth.
- A notification will appear when your controller is connected.
You can also go to the Quick Menu > Controllers tab to find your controller.
Connect Controllers to the Shadow Ghost or Shadow Box
Plug your USB or Bluetooth controller into your Shadow Ghost or the Shadow Box. We recommend plugging the controller into one of the blue USB 3.0 ports on the back.
📝 Note: The Quick Menu is not yet available on Shadow Ghost or the Box. These devices will recognize your controllers just as well.
To learn how to pair a Bluetooth controller to the Shadow Ghost, please see how to set up a Bluetooth device on Shadow Ghost.
List of Compatible Controllers
To see if your controller is compatible with Shadow, check your controller's model number, then find your controller on one of our lists:
Each list contains controllers currently compatible with Shadow and other supported features. As the Controller Management feature constantly evolves, these lists will be updated regularly.
💡 To find your controller's model number:
Check the serial number on the back of the controller. The serial number will indicate which model your controller is. Below are examples from PlayStation and Xbox controllers.
💡 To report a problem with your controller:
Let us know via our Shadow controller issues form.
💡 For help understanding the lists:
Refer to the key reference below:
|Wireless Adapter Support|
*Vibration support only confirmed for USB
**Vibration support only confirmed for Bluetooth
Empty fields are either not tested or supported
Sound forwarding is not supported
For more help, see how to connect an Xbox controller to Shadow
|Xbox One 1537||
|Xbox One 1697|
|Xbox One 1698|
|Xbox One 1708|
|Xbox One Elite V1|
|Xbox One Elite V2||*||*||*|
|Xbox Adaptive Controller|
|Xbox 360 Wireless|
For more help, see how to connect a PS4 controller to Shadow.
|DualShock 4 CUH-ZCT1||
|DualShock 4 CUH-ZCT2||**|
- To use a wireless adapter, see PlayStation's article How to Pair a DUALSHOCK®4 Using a Wireless Adapter.
- If your PlayStation controller is not detected, check the box next to PlayStation controllers extended compatibility in the Quick Menu > Controllers tab.
Nintendo Switch Controllers
|Nintendo Switch Pro Controller|
- The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is recognized as an Xbox 360 controller.
- Some games take into account the switch key mapping only via Steam Big Picture.
|Logitech F710 Wireless|
|Rock Candy Wired Controller for XBOX ONE||*||*||*|
|Logitech Dual Action|
|Steelseries Status XL|
Still have questions? These articles may help:
- How to Connect a USB Device to Shadow
- Windows Recommended Requirements
- macOS Recommended Requirements
- Linux Recommended Requirements