Please backup your data before migrating to the Boost, Ultra, or Infinite offers. It's possible your Shadow will be reset during migration.
If your Shadow was activated before October 31st, 2019, Boost offers will not be affected. takes place for a migration to the Ultra and Infinite offers.
Backup Using a Cloud Storage Provider
Below is a list of free cloud storage providers that are compatible with Shadow:
- Google Drive (15GB free storage)
- Box (10GB free storage)
- OneDrive (5GB free storage)
- Amazon Drive (5GB free storage)
- Microsoft One Drive (5GB free storage)
- Dropbox (2GB free storage)
For help backing up your data into the cloud, contact the cloud storage provider for assistance.
Backup Using a USB Drive
To use a USB drive and save your data, enable the USB Peripherals feature on Shadow. You can use a flash drive or hard drive for this process.
- Plug your USB drive into a blue USB 3.0 port.
- Connect to the internet using an Ethernet cable or 5GHz Wi-Fi connection.
For Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Open the Shadow app on your device.
- Click the Settings icon > enable USB Peripherals.
- Click Install Drivers (if possible), then start your Shadow.
- On your Shadow, open the Quick Menu.
- Click the Quick Menu icon at the top of your screen.
- Press (on Windows or Linux)
- Press (on macOS)
- Go to the USB Peripherals tab and select your storage device from the list. It should appear in your Shadow.
For the Shadow Ghost or Box
Plug your device into one of the USB 3.0 ports (blue port), located on the back of your Shadow Ghost or Box. The device should install automatically and appear on your Shadow. Try restarting your Shadow Ghost or Box if the device does not appear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't Shadow detect my USB drive?
If you've already enabled USB Peripherals and installed the drivers, test your internet connection. Some storage devices may require faster download or upload speeds to connect to your Shadow.
Due to their limited capacity, Shadow will not detect hard drives or flash drives connected to USB 2.0 ports. These ports are usually black in color compared to blue USB 3.0 ports.
Can I back up and restore my entire Shadow?
I no longer have access to Shadow. Can I still backup my data?
Our Support team can provide you with a link to recover your files if they have not been deleted from our servers. Contact Support for assistance.
Why is my backup taking so long?
Transferring data between Shadow and an external storage device requires large amounts of data, which in turn requires fast upload speeds of at least 20Mb/s.
Some backups may also take longer depending on the number or size of the files being transferred.
💡 If you have other questions about your data, contact Support for assistance, or see one of our recommended articles below: