The Shadow launcher may indicate "Shadow is Off", even after you've attempted to start your Shadow. Read this article to help solve the issue.
Although the cause is not yet known, our teams have found the launcher may indicate Shadow is off, even if it is actually turned on. However, the launcher may not detect Shadow is on, causing this message to appear.
- Open the Shadow launcher, then click the Help icon.
- Click Shut Down Shadow.
- Close the Shadow launcher.
- Wait 3 - 5 minutes, then open the Shadow launcher.
- Go to the Settings, then set your Allocated Bandwidth to 5Mb/s.
You can always raise this bandwidth setting later once connected.
- In the Settings, scroll down to Optimize Streaming, then use the arrows to choose Prefer Reliability.
- Start your Shadow again.
If the issue persists, contact Support so one of our agents can assist you. Reporting this issue to our Support team will also help us gather data and feedback necessary to resolve the issue.