Error S:101 can happen on Shadow if Windows starts without the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) or GPU drivers enabled.
Try all of the suggestions provided below in order, starting with the first:
- Shutdown and completely restart your Shadow
- Enable your Graphics Card
- Install the Latest Graphics Drivers
Shutdown and completely restart your Shadow
- Open the Start menu, then click the Power button to shut down Windows.
💡 Tip: You can also shut down Shadow from the launcher. Click the Help icon.
- Close the Shadow application.
- Wait for 5 minutes, then start Shadow again.
Enable your Graphics Card
- On your Shadow, open the Start Menu, then search for Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager, then expand or double-click Display adapters.
- Right-click the NVIDIA graphics card (GPU), then select Enable device.
Install the Latest Graphics Drivers
If your graphics card does not have the latest graphics drivers installed, it may have trouble applying a resolution high enough to support your displace. Try installing the latest graphics drivers from NVIDIA.
If you want to keep this driver up to date to the last version compatible with Shadow, do not hesitate to check this parameter:
If the error persists or a new error appears, contact Support or log in to your account to reset Shadow. Resetting Shadow will restore Shadow's graphics card and its drivers.
🚨 Warning: Resetting Shadow will delete your Shadow's data and format Windows to its factory settings.