Error S:101 can happen on Shadow if Windows starts without the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) or GPU drivers enabled.
Try all of the suggestions provided below in order, starting with the first:
Restart your Shadow
- Open the Start menu, then click the Power button to shut down Windows.
💡 Tip: You can also shut down Shadow from the launcher. Click the Help icon.
- Close the Shadow application.
- Wait for 5 minutes, then start Shadow again.
Enable your Graphics Card
- On your Shadow, open the Start Menu, then search for Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager, then expand or double-click Display adapters.
- Right-click the NVIDIA graphics card (GPU), then select Enable device.
Install the Latest Graphics Drivers
If your graphics card does not have the latest graphics drivers installed, it may have trouble applying a resolution high enough to support your displace. Try installing the latest graphics drivers from NVIDIA.
🚨 Warning: Resetting Shadow will delete your Shadow's data and format Windows to its factory settings.