To reset the password for your Shadow account, visit https://sso.shadow.tech/forgot and enter the email address registered to your Shadow. We'll send an email to the address registered to your account, which will include a link to reset your password. You can also reset your password using the Shadow application or My Account.
We also recommend learning how to secure your account.
Using the Shadow Application
Requires email authentication.
- Open the Shadow application on your device.
- Enter the email address for your Shadow account.
- Choose Forgot password.
- Check your inbox for a password reset email.
- Use the link in the email to change your password.
💡 Tip: If you've recently subscribed to Shadow, you can log in once your Shadow has been activated. You'll receive an email confirmation once your Shadow has been activated.
Using My Account
Requires password confirmation.
- From your browser, log in to My Account.
- Click the Security tab.
- Under Password, click Change password.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password, then click Confirm.
How to secure your Shadow account
Shadow strives to treat your Shadow PC like a PC, and that means ensuring its security and integrity. However, there are several precautions we recommend you take to secure your account even further.
Here are some best practices for keeping your account safe:
- Secure your Shadow account and your email with a strong, unique password that only you would know
- Add a password to Windows
- Use different passwords for different accounts
- Use two-factor authentication
- Regularly scan Shadow for viruses and malware
- Never share your email and password combination
- Make sure you can trust the websites you use
Use strong, unique passwords
A strong password is unique and contains a complex string of characters. They should be impossible to guess and use letters, numbers, and symbols.
There are three common reasons why a strong, unique password is important:
- Your email address and password combination could be leaked in a data breach from another service or website
- A virus or other malicious software can record and share your email and password combination
- Your email address and password could be accidentally entered into a phishing site or form
📝 We will never ask you for your email address and password combination
Add a password to Windows
Shadow has a Windows operating system like any normal PC. This means you can implement a second layer of protection and add a password to Windows. You can also change or reset your existing password or use Windows Hello.
📝 Shadow cannot reset or remove your Windows password, but you can factory reset your Shadow PC, which will remove the password and all of the PC's data.
Never share your email and password combination
[The user] undertakes to keep these details confidential and not to disclose them to third parties in any way whatsoever.
Regularly scan Shadow for viruses and malware
Make sure Windows Security is enabled on your Shadow PC. Windows Security includes real-time protection, which can remediate threats before a scan takes place.
To find Windows Security, start your Shadow, then after Windows has logged in, use the Start menu to search for the Windows Security app.
If you'd like to protect your own computer or device, here’s a great article from PCmag.com that suggests free software with real-time protection.
📝 Shadow does not officially endorse any of the anti-virus or anti-malware suggested. We recommend searching for security solutions that meet your needs.
Factory reset your Shadow
If you believe your account has been accessed without your authorization, you may need to factory reset your Shadow. It's possible viruses or malware have been installed on your Shadow PC, some of which can record your login credentials. Learn how to factory reset your Shadow.
If you'd like to backup your data before a reset, make sure you:
- Have an anti-virus or anti-malware installed with real-time protection
- Download your data to a separate drive (such as a USB flash drive or hard drive)
- Save only the data you need
- Scan all of your devices for viruses or malware
See our tips for backing up your data.
📝 A factory reset will also delete the Windows password for Shadow. You can add a password to Windows once the reset is complete.