To ensure your local computer has the latest updates to support Shadow, check for operating system and driver updates on your device. This article includes websites we recommend using to check for updates for popular software and hardware.
📌 Before You Begin:
- Back up any important files on your computer before installing updates.
- During an update, your computer may restart several times. Do not turn your computer off.
Operating System Updates
- Click the Start button.
- Go to Settings .
- Click Update & Security > Windows Update .
- Click Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Software Update.
- Press the Superkey to launch the Dash.
- Search for Update Manager.
- Click the Settings button.
- Make sure Ubuntu is set to automatically check for updates and notify you when updates are available.
- Click Close, then click OK to close the Update Manager.
- Open Update Manager to trigger a new update. If an update is available, click Upgrade....
Choose the hardware on your local computer for help installing updates.
🚨 Disclaimer: Shadow is not responsible for providing updates necessary for your local device. For assistance, contact your hardware manufacturer, warranty provider, or retailer.
You can update the Windows operating system on your Shadow following the instructions above. For help updating Shadow, contact Support.