This article is for subscribers who have already purchased additional storage. Additional storage is not available for purchase at this time.
If you've upgraded to our additional storage plan on Shadow, a new hard drive should appear within the next 24 hours. If you've waited more than 24 hours and your additional storage drive has not appeared, follow the instructions in this article to resolve the issue.
To find your storage upgrade on Shadow:
- From the Shadow app, shut down Shadow.
- Start Shadow, then log in to Windows.
- In Shadow, click the Start menu, then search for Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager, then double-click Disk drives.
- You should see two drives. Look for a hard drive with the name QEMU HARDDISK.
If this hard drive is not available on your Shadow, contact Support.
- Press the Windows + R keys. In the Run window, type diskmgmt.msc, then click OK.
- At the bottom of the Disk Management window, you should see the two drives from step 4.
- Right-click the second disk drive (partition), then click Initialise Disk
- In the Initialize Disk window, click OK
- Right-click the same disk drive, then click New simple volume
Your additional storage should appear once you've initialized the disk and created a new simple volume.
Still have questions after reading this article? Contact us for assistance!