Shadow can detect most USB devices, such as mice, keyboards, keypads, and other gaming equipment, as long as your device is plugged into a USB 3.0 port. If the Shadow app cannot detect your USB device or its settings, we recommend enabling USB over IP.
Note: Webcams, microphones, and similar devices often require fast upload speeds. Use an Ethernet cable to improve your internet connection and increase your upload speed.
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Close Shadow and unplug your USB device before you continue.
Enable USB over IP
- Open the Shadow launcher. Log in, if required.
- Click Settings.
- In the Shadow launcher, scroll down until you find USB over IP.
- Click the toggle turn on USB over IP.
- Plug your device into a USB 3.0 port, then click Start.
- Once Shadow has started, click USB Devices, then select your device from the list shown.
If this menu is not visible to you, press CTRL+WIN+F to exit fullscreen mode.
When a device is selected, a checkmark next to the device appears. A checkmark confirms Shadow will detect and use this device. Windows may install the latest drivers for the device.
Tip: To ensure your device will work with Shadow, your device's drivers may need to be installed on both your personal computer, phone, or tablet and Shadow.
Issue not resolved
If your device could not be found, it's possible USB over IP was not installed correctly. This next section covers how to reinstall the package for USB over IP.
To reinstall USB over IP:
- Open File Explorer
- Enter the file path:%localappdata%\Programs\shadow-beta\resources\app.asar.unpacked\native\windows\x64
- Double-click the file UsbDk_1.0.19_x64.
The program name may vary depending on which version is installed. Wait until the program has finished installing.
- To finish installing or resolve UsbDk errors, restart your computer.
Your device should now appear under the "USB Devices" menu.
Still have questions after reading this article? Contact us for assistance!