Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) controllers are currently supported on our Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android apps, as well as the Shadow Ghost. Shadow supports both wired (USB) and wireless (Bluetooth) PS4 controllers. Some additional configuration may be required to help Shadow recognize your controller.
📌 Before You Begin:
- Close the Shadow application on your device.
- Use an official PlayStation Dualshock® controller. Third-party PS4 controllers may not be compatible with your device or Shadow.
Connect via USB
To connect your PS4 controller to your device:
- Use a micro-USB cable to plug your PS4 controller into your computer or TV.
- On your computer or TV, plug the USB into a USB port.
- Turn on your PS4 controller.
- Use the Shadow launcher to enable USB Peripherals. USB Peripherals is already enabled on Shadow Ghost and Box and will connect your controller automatically.
- Start Shadow and open the Quick Menu to enable your controller.
- Plug the PS4 controller into a blue USB 3.0 port, if possible. Some PS4 controller functionality, such as vibration, is not available on USB 2.0.
- Mobile devices may require Bluetooth setup or a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable.
- To use a wireless adapter, see PlayStation's article How to Pair a DUALSHOCK®4 Using a Wireless Adapter.
Connect via Bluetooth
To pair your PS4 controller wirelessly with a Bluetooth compatible device:
- Enable Bluetooth on your device. For the Shadow Ghost or Box, see the Getting Started guide.
- Press and hold the PS and Share buttons on your PS4 controller to make your device discoverable. When the controller is ready for pairing, the light bar will flash rapidly.
- Use the Bluetooth feature on your device to find and pair your wireless controller.
For help pairing your PS4 controller to your device, choose your operating system from the list below:
Windows may require third-party software to help detect and set up your controller. If your controller is not detected, we recommend installing DS4Windows on both your local Windows computer and Shadow.
Test Your Connection
Your connection to Shadow must be able to support controllers. Most controllers require a download speed of at least 15Mb/s and ping less than 30ms. See how to test your connection to Shadow and check for issues.
🚨 Disclaimer: Any third-party software or hardware mentioned in this article is not licensed, sponsored, or distributed by Shadow or Blade Group. Using additional software or hardware does not guarantee your Sony PlayStation 4 controller will be compatible with Shadow or your device.
Still having trouble? Contact a hero.