NVIDIA's graphics drivers often improve Shadow's security, performance, and compatibility with newer technology, and installing the latest drivers may even resolve issues with your screen.
To install NVIDIA drivers onto Shadow, follow these three steps:
Before You Begin
- Save any important files from your Shadow on a separate storage device or service. Many cloud storage providers like OneDrive are compatible with Shadow.
- Your screen color, resolution, or overall appearance may change during installation. Do not shut down Shadow.
Find Your Graphics Card
Use Device Manager to find which NVIDIA graphics card is installed on your Shadow. Using Shadow, open the Start menu to search for Device Manager, then double-click Display adapters to reveal your graphics card. See the example below for reference.
Download Drivers from NVIDIA
To locate the latest drivers from NVIDIA, find and download your drivers directly from NVIDIA's website.
- Log in to your Shadow, then open your preferred browser.
- Go to NVIDIA.com.
- Go to Drivers > All NVIDIA Drivers.
- Under Option 1, use the drop-down menus provided to manually find your drivers as shown below.
Choose the following options:
Quadro Series GeForce 10 Series
Quadro P5000 GeForce GTX 1080
Windows 10 64-bit Windows 10 64-bit
Windows Driver Type:
Optimal Driver for Enterprise (ODE)
Game Ready Driver (GRD) Language: Select your preferred language Select your preferred language
- Click Search to find your NVIDIA driver.
- Click Download, then click Download again to confirm you understand details stated in the End User License Agreement.
Install Drivers and Restart Shadow
Use the setup file downloaded from NVIDIA's website to install the latest drivers.
- Double-click the setup file (.exe).
For help locating the setup file, open the Downloads folder within File Explorer or see Microsoft's article to find your downloads.
- Click Yes if User Account Control (UAC) requests permission to continue.
- Proceed with the following prompts to finish installing your drivers, using the recommended or default options provided.
- Once installation has completed, click Restart Now.
When Shadow has finished restarting, NVIDIA should automatically detect and correct your screen's resolution. For help adjusting your resolution or refresh rate, use the NVIDIA Control Panel to select the resolution and refresh rate for Shadow.
Still having trouble with Shadow's resolution and refresh rate? Contact a Support Hero.