Shadow is still a computer that needs updates, including graphics drivers, which can improve the way your stream looks and feels. NVIDIA will provide graphics drivers regularly, this article will help you update graphics drivers using one of three methods:
Before You Begin
- Save any important files from your Shadow on a separate storage device or service. See how to backup your data on Shadow.
- Installing the wrong drivers or software for your graphics card may cause issues. Make sure to find the graphics card installed on your Shadow to install the correct drivers.
- Your screen color, resolution, or overall appearance may change during installation. Do not shut down Shadow.
Automatic updates from Shadow
Using Shadow's Settings, you can keep your graphic drivers automatically updated, as shown in the image below.
When this setting is enabled, graphics drivers will be automatically updated and managed in your Shadow. Shadow will verify whether an update is needed and begin the update if one is available.
📌 Note: Drivers are tested by our teams before sending them to your Shadow. Due to the time between testing and installation, there could be a difference between the drivers installed and the latest NVIDIA drivers.
Geforce Experience updates
- Check that you have installed NVIDIA GeForce Experience. If not, please download and install NVIDIA Geforce Experience.
- When installed, launch GeForce Experience.
- Create an account if necessary, then click the Drivers tab on the top left.
- Click Check for updates.
- If an update is available, choose Download. When the download is finished, please install the driver by choosing Quick installation.
Once installation has finished, please restart your Shadow.
Manually update from the web
Depending on your Shadow subscription, you may have different graphics cards. You'll need to find your graphics card to download the right drivers for your Shadow, then install those drivers on Shadow. Restart your Shadow when you're finished.
Find your graphics card
To see which graphics card is installed on your Shadow, use Device Manager:
- Using Shadow, open the Start menu.
- Search for Device Manager.
- Double-click Display adapters to find your graphics card. See the example below for reference.
Download your drivers
When you've found your graphics card, download your drivers directly from NVIDIA's website:
- On your Shadow, open your preferred browser.
- Go to NVIDIA.com > Drivers > All NVIDIA Drivers.
The website will ask you for some information to help you find the right drivers for your graphics card. For help finding your drivers, look for your graphics card below:
|Quadro Series||GeForce 10 Series||Quadro RTX Series||Quadro RTX Series|
|Quadro P5000||GeForce GTX 1080||Quadro RTX 5000||Quadro RTX 6000|
|Optimal Driver for Enterprise (ODE)||Game Ready Driver (GRD)||Optimal Driver for Enterprise (ODE)||Optimal Driver for Enterprise (ODE)|
Finally, choose Windows 10 64-bit for the Operating system.
Install the drivers on Shadow
- After downloading the drivers, close any applications running on Shadow to avoid interrupting the update process.
- Double-click the .exe file downloaded.
- Click Yes if User Account Control (UAC) requests permission to continue.
- Choose Express Installation when asked.
- When the installation is finished, click Restart now to finish the installation. Your Shadow will need to completely shut down.
Still having trouble with Shadow's resolution and refresh rate? Try these:
- Using Automatic Resolution and Frame Rate Settings in Shadow
- Using the NVIDIA Control Panel in Shadow
- Contact a Support Hero