Shadow is a Windows computer in the cloud, and that means it still needs updates. Updating your graphics drivers regularly can improve the way your stream looks and feels. Download graphics drivers from NVIDIA using one of three methods:
Before you begin
- Do not shut down Shadow during the update process. Updates on average take 15 minutes.
- Your Shadow will need to restart during this process and you may be disconnected from your stream. Make sure to save your work.
- Consider saving any important files from your Shadow on a separate storage device or service. See how to backup your data on Shadow for more information.
- Your screen's color, resolution, or overall appearance may change during installation. This is normal.
Automatically update from Shadow
In Settings → My Shadow, check the box next to Keep my Shadow's graphics drivers updated.
When this setting is enabled, Shadow will verify whether an update is needed. If an update is available, Shadow will install updates for you.
📌 Note: Our developers test graphics drivers before they're automatically installed onto your Shadow. Due to the time between testing and installation, the version installed on your Shadow could be different from NVIDIA's latest version.
Get updates from Geforce Experience
- Download and install NVIDIA Geforce Experience.
- Launch GeForce Experience and log in.
- Click the Drivers tab on the top left.
- Click Check for updates.
- If an update is available, click Download. Wait for the download to finish.
- Choose Express Installation. If you'd like to change your preferences, choose Custom Installation.
Once the installation has finished, please restart your Shadow.
Manually update from the web
Depending on your Shadow subscription, you may have different graphics cards. You'll need to find your graphics card to download the right drivers for your Shadow, then install those drivers on Shadow. Restart your Shadow when you're finished.
Step 1: Find your graphics card 🔎
To see which graphics card is installed on your Shadow, use Device Manager:
- Using Shadow, open the Start menu.
- Search for Device Manager.
- Double-click Display adapters to find your graphics card. See the example below for reference.
Step 2: Download your drivers 📥
When you've found your graphics card, download your drivers directly from NVIDIA's website:
- On your Shadow, open your preferred browser.
- Go to NVIDIA.com > Drivers > All NVIDIA Drivers.
The website will ask you for some information to help you find the right drivers for your graphics card. For help finding your drivers, look for your graphics card below:
|Shadow||Shadow Ultra||Shadow Infinite|
|Quadro Series||GeForce 10 Series||Quadro RTX Series||Quadro RTX Series|
|Quadro P5000||GeForce GTX 1080||Quadro RTX 5000||Quadro RTX 6000|
|Production Branch (PB)||Game Ready Driver (GRD)||Production Branch (PB)||Production Branch (PB)|
- Choose Windows 10 64-bit for the Operating system.
Step 3: Install the drivers on Shadow 🔨
- After downloading the drivers, close any applications running on Shadow and save your work.
- Double-click the .exe file downloaded.
- Click Yes if User Account Control (UAC) requests permission to continue.
- Choose Express Installation when asked.
- When the installation is finished, click Restart now to finish the installation. Your Shadow will need to completely shut down.
Still having trouble with Shadow's resolution and refresh rate? Try these:
- Using Automatic Resolution and Frame Rate Settings in Shadow
- Using the NVIDIA Control Panel in Shadow
- Contact a Support Hero