Windows is installed for you and should not be reinstalled using standard methods. If you need to format, wipe, or reset Windows, refer to My Account.
Installing antivirus, firewall, or VPN
Antivirus, firewall, and VPN applications can interfere with Shadow's operations and, if installed, may require you to reset Shadow to factory settings. At most, we recommend using Windows Defender or F-Secure and Windows Firewall.
You may not modify Shadow at any capacity. Modifying Shadow constitutes adding, deleting, or changing the following:
- registry keys
- Changing the Windows registry can disable some services.
- Pay particular attention to "bloatware", "junkware", or other cleaning software like CCleaner, which may automatically change the registry.
- Shadow's processes, services, and hardware
- Removing the graphics card or the network card immediately stops the service.
- Using the components to overclock your Shadow are susceptible to breakdowns and is therefore forbidden.
- Shadow's BIOS
- Changing the BIOS can have considerable impact on the functionality of Shadow. If however you lose access to your Shadow due to mishandling, we are forced to reset your Shadow, which results in the loss of your data.
- other Blade or Shadow programs
- Several programs run in the background are necessary for the proper functioning of the service.
- Overclocking Shadow
- Overclocking often overheats CPUs and may damage surrounding hardware.
Torrenting, pirating, or downloading illegal content
Downloading using torrents are prohibited as described in our Terms and Conditions, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), and the No Electronic Theft Act (NET).
Booting to Safe Mode
Booting Shadow to Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking stops al streaming services. If Shadow has been booted to Safe Mode, you must reset your Shadow to factory settings.
Installing virtualization software
Shadow does not support virtualization software and cannot be enabled to do so. Attempting to enable virtualization constitutes as modifying Shadow, which is not allowed.
If you've encountered a problem and have committed any of the items above, contact our support heroes and mention the actions you took prior to the incident.
Still have questions after reading this article? Contact us for assistance!